Good day! Would it be possible to create a metric ...
# gooddata-platform
h
Good day! Would it be possible to create a metric that would display the date and time of the last time the data was updated? Last time the dataset was updated within GoodData? If it were possible, I would display it inside a dashboard, showing "This data has been updated XX/XX/XXX at 00:00"
m
Hi Hans, you could use a dataset that would store the timestamp as an attribute. You could then create an insight that would display the attribute with the latest data / timestamp. For more details about the implementation, check out: Data update | The GoodData Community
h
Indeed, I read that comment. But I'm working on the platform and cannot find the captions shown here:
It seems to me it's an old way of doing things
m
Exactly. That’s how the final result would look like in a dashboard that was created in the Pixel Perfect interface. What you are looking at in the screenshot is just a dashboard tab, but the implementation steps also apply to KPI dashboards
h
Can you help me out on what it would look like now on a dashboard? We're not using that PixelPerfect interface. And I don't want to add it to an existing Insights, rather just display it at the top on a dashboard.
m
The timestamp is simply an attribute showing the latest record in it and needs to be added as an insight. You would need to create an insight first and then add it to your KPI dashboard.
h
Is there a way to show it, using up less screen real estate? Using a separate Insight for it takes up too much space.
p
🎉 New note created.
m
I’m afraid resizing the insight so it takes up as less space as possible is the only option. But I have submitted product feedback on your behalf, there could potentially be some improvement for this in the future.
h
Thanks!