Hey! I am creating a time estimate for a customer ...
# gd-beginners
a
Hey! I am creating a time estimate for a customer who uses GoodData. He wants to create a new website for a UI overhaul. I have looked into the React SDK and no issues there whatsoever. However I'm wondering how the authentication for different customers work. The customer asking for the UI overhaul has multiple customers with different users in his workspace. How would I get the authentication working to display data for the correct customer? For example this login page https://data.brandrindex.com/login
j
Hi Arnór, First of all, could you kindly confirm which GoodData product we are discussing? Additionally, could you please provide more details regarding your specific inquiry? Are we discussing the distribution of data among customers within a single Workspace, where each customer can only access specific data while other data remains restricted? Or is your question related to a different matter, such as customisation of login page for each customer?
a
Hey Julius. I'm not sure which GoodData product is in use. The customer just asked if I could give an estimate on creating a new web application that embeds the GoodData charts and such. As I said the React SDK looks good for that and I see no issues there. I'm just trying to figure out how to auth the different users my customer has to redirect to the correct page or data. Does that clarify anything?
j
@Arnór Rafn Gíslason So as I understand it, you are possibly asking about two separated things here. Authentication + data distribution to different clients within a Workspace(s). The reason why I asked about the product is that both have different ways how to achieve it. 1. In case that customer uses GoodData Platform, authentication, please check SSO implementation. We have a nice community article containing all the information for the start and referencing relevant docs: https://community.gooddata.com/administration-kb-articles-49/getting-started-with-sso-591 If you want to distribute the data within a workspace, that would be done by data permissions. 2. If we are speaking about GoodData Cloud. Please refer to OIDC docs for authentication and Workspace filters for data distribution.