Solved

Mongo in embedded analytics?

• 15 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello, I see documentation indicating support for Mongo BI connector. However, I cannot see a way to add that as a data source. How can I configure it?

This is specifically for embedded analytics.

Thanks,

Erik

icon

Best answer by Julius Kos 19 December 2023, 11:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Erik, 

please see the following documentation that will help you with integrating MongoDB and GoodData: 

https://help.gooddata.com/doc/free/en/data-integration/data-preparation-and-distribution/direct-data-distribution-from-data-warehouses-and-object-storage-services/gooddata-mongodb-bi-connector-integration-details

Thanks for the response. I have seen that page. Two things. 1) The first link is a dead link. You can find the page by searching for “Integrate a Data Source for a Data Warehouse”. That indeed shows Mongo. However, from the UI when adding a data source, there is no Mongo option. Does it only work over API?

Userlevel 2

Hi Erik, 

Thank you for notifying us about the issue with the documentation. I will request this to be corrected. 

Regarding the connection to MongoDB, I believe there was a misunderstanding on our side. Upon reviewing our records, it appears that you are using GoodData Cloud Trial product. Unfortunately, at present, we do not support a direct connection to MongoDB in GoodData Cloud (the documentation provided by my colleague relates only to GoodData Platform product). Apologies for the confusion.

The only possible workaround to make this work would be connecting your MongoDB instance to one of our supported datasource managers (Apache Drill / Dreamio) and connect the datasource manager to GoodData:
https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/cloud/connect-data/data-source-managers/

In any case, I would be happy to submit product feedback on your behalf if you wish. If you do, could you please confirm whether MongoDB is your primary or additional data source? Could you please also specify the level of importance of supporting this database by GoodData Cloud?

Thanks for getting back to me. The various links from different products confused me as well.

I did get things working by using Dremio. I would much prefer a direct Mongo connector though. We use Mongo as our primary database.

Userlevel 2

Hi Erik, 

Thank you very much for the confirmation. I will submit the product feedback on your behalf.