Solved

Strange behaviour of filters

• 17 January 2024
  • 1 reply

• Known Participant
  • 18 replies

Hi,

When I’m following `Explore from here` option on the dashboard, I don’t see the original insight but instead it seems that it’s a copy of it, as it’s untitled. What’s strange, it uses additional filters that the original insight does not have.

Also, when editing the dashboard I go the insights configuration, I can see those obsolete filters listed there and I’m able to check or uncheck them.

Where those ghost filters are coming from? What can be done to get rid of them?

Best,

Hanna

icon

Best answer by Moises Morales 17 January 2024, 12:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hello Hanna, 

The "Explore from here" option will show you a preview of how the insight looks in Analytical Designer. This means that the filters you see there are the ones originally applied to it, and the filters placed in the dashboard will not appear in this preview. This is designed so that users can freely experiment with it as they see fit.

Please note that when placing the insight on a dashboard, you have the option to allow the dashboard filters to affect it. You can adjust this behavior by entering "edit" mode and selecting the insight configuration menu. From this edit menu, you can also make changes to the insight itself, and these changes will be saved permanently.

-Moises