Solved

how data filters interact with dashboards

• 19 October 2023
  • 2 replies

how data filters interact with dashboards
https://www.gooddata.com/docs/cloud/create-dashboards/drilling-in-dashboards/set-drill-into-dashboard/#SetDrillintoDashboard-Datefilters

I am unable understand the content in the below screenshot, it is from the above link,Could you please elaborate with pictures, if possible?
Thank you

icon

Best answer by Julius Kos 19 October 2023, 16:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Lokeshwar,

The documentation is simply stating that the date filter which would be applied while drilling to the target Dashboard can be either set on this target Dashboard or defined on the Insight itself on the source Dashboard:

Let us know if you have some concerns regarding this or if anything isn’t clear.

Thank you and i really appreciate your quick replies,
In My opinion,it would be great if you replace “The date attribute is selected in the Filter by section of the widget configuration on the source dashboard.” with “The date attribute is selected in the Filter by section of the widget configuration of the Insight on the source dashboard.”
what do you mean by “The date filter from the source visualization is not transferred.”
Could you please show, if there is any functionality, where date filters are transferred.

Thank you.