Hi, we have a problem with a visualization that re...
# gooddata-cloud
r
Hi, we have a problem with a visualization that returns only recent data (from March 2024). There is no time filtering applied to the visualization, and we have confirmed there are indeed related records from 2021-2023 in our Redshift. I've tinkered around with the visualization for a while and cannot seem to think of a cause for this. Could you help us with any pointers?
f
Hi Raffaella! That’s an interesting question. Are you viewing the visualization from a Dashboard, or from the Analytical Designer? The dashboard may have a hidden Date Filter applied to it. I would start by checking the Metrics being used in the visualization, to make sure that there is no time filters applied on the metric-level, for example. If that is not it, I would check if all the data that is in Redshift is actually showing up on your Workspace - for example, you could grab one of the main attributes or facts from the Visualization and create a simple insight in the Analytical Designer where you slice that object by a Date dimension, to check if your attributes actually go as far back as what’s in your data source. Please try the things above and let me know what you learn!
r
Hi, we are looking at it from the Analytical designer. The metrics don't have any time filter applied. Checking the other point you suggested now
We do have completion records dating back to 2013 in that workspace. seems that what is reducing the records down to the 2024 date is the content name attribute set to that specific course. so maybe we are having a data issue
f
Yes, that sounds plausible! Compare this attribute to what’s in your Data Source, to check whether it’s replicating some issue from there, or if it’s only in GD Cloud. If the latter occurs, it’s always a good idea to Reload the Cache, to ensure that the cached data is not outdated. If that doesn’t work out, we would be happy to troubleshoot further.