I have a question about the option to change to a ...
# gooddata-cloud
e
I have a question about the option to change to a non-GoodData domain described here https://www.gooddata.com/docs/cloud/manage-organization/change-domain-name/. Is it possible to have a period of time when both the original domain (*.cloud.gooddata.com) and the new domain ({prefix}.mycompany.com) would both be available and route correctly the the GoodData instance? I’m asking because we’d like to avail of this option. If the domain switch means the original domain becomes unavailable as soon as the new domain is ‘live’ from the GoodData point of view, we’ll need to carefully co-ordinate with GoodData to ensure our production GoodData usage has minimal downtime.
i
Hi Eoghan, Unfortunately, it is not possible to have both hostnames available at the same time. Once we update the hostname to ({prefix}.mycompany.com), the old hostname won’t be accessible anymore. We would definitely coordinate every step of white-labeling closely with you, considering that all necessary services(SSL, OIDC,..) need to be ready to use after the switch, with the minimal impact on your end users.
e
Hi again Ivana simple smile That makes sense, thank you. I’ll discuss the requirements internally and circle back with GoodData about the coordination.
i
Always happy to “speak” to you and your colleagues. 😉 Sure thing, please feel free to raise a support ticket or contact us via email support@gooddata.com, once you decide to start the process of hostname changing.
e
Will do. Thanks again!