Hey team, ran into a problem. I was putting togeth...
# gooddata-cloud
e
Hey team, ran into a problem. I was putting together a dashboard and noticed some of my analyses are now missing. Can we check at the logs to figure out what went down? And, if possible, can we get those analyses back? Thanks a lot!
j
If you had made any changes to the LDM, it could cause some objects to go missing depending on what had been done. Were any changes previously made Also, this could be related to how you have set up your workspace hierarchy, or how you are pushing objects to other workspaces. Could you provide more details if this applies, or are you working with a singular workspace/organization in this case? As for logs, we can search for a few things, but we would need a time frame and object ID to know what we are looking. Otherwise you would need to create your own logging tool. As for backups, this is entirely self service: https://www.gooddata.com/docs/cloud/manage-organization/organization-api/backups/?search=logs
e
Hey @Joseph Heun, thanks for the quick response. I'm working on a master workspace which has a bunch of children. The dashboard I was building was also in the master workspace. So from my understanding it doesn't make sense for them to disappear. Is there any kind of known error or misuse that could lead to this?
j
my finger slipped before my full response had been published, I have edited it
👀 1
e
Understood about backups, will definitely implement this for the future. Regarding the logs, I have the analyses titles but unfortunately not the IDs. Can we search based on the title?
Actually, I have the IDs from my Chrome history. Can I provide them to you somehow? This is the message I'm getting. There is no one else working on this workspace so there is not a possibility of someone accidentally deleting them.
j
DM sent
m
It looks like the insights were just removed by a recent change in your LDM, also check for any permission changes at the data source level for the user who created the LDM. Please take a look at the thread here where another user reported the same scenario and for hints on how to address it: https://gooddataconnect.slack.com/archives/C04S1MSLEAW/p1702919910308869
e
I think I know what caused the problem. I was creating analyses on 2 different Chrome tabs. So I think the workspace's layout was overwritten every time I was creating a new analysis. And I think that is why some of them were deleted (because only the ones created in the tab were still there).