Is there a way to email reports on a schedule in G...
# gooddata-cloud
m
Is there a way to email reports on a schedule in GoodData cloud? Like this feature in Platform: https://help.gooddata.com/doc/enterprise/en/dashboards-and-insights/dashboards/schedule-automatic-emailing-of-dashboards/
f
Hi Michael, there currently isn’t a way to do this via the UI on GoodData Cloud. At the moment it can only be done via the Python SDK, using the instructions from the Sending Export via E-Mail section of the Export Dashboards article.
m
OK, thank you @Francisco Antunes -- I'll check that out. Do you know if this is on the roadmap to add to the UI?
f
I know for sure that we have already submitted some feedback asking for it, so it’s in our scope, but there’s no ETA for it as of yet. If you’d like, I can also submit product feedback for this feature on your behalf.
m
Yeah, we'd really benefit from this feature, so if you can pass along the 👍 that would be appreciated. We're coming from Tableau, which does have this ability and is relied on heavily by our users.
f
Absolutely! I’ll send it straight away
p
@Francisco Antunes @Evangelos Malandrakis Hi, any news on the scheduling of automated emails. On the last product roadmap webinar it was mentioned that this was planned for Q2, see screenshot. Not sure, if this scheduling would include sending "dashboards" via email to end users? Is that part of the scope for Q2? We are wondering, since we need to decide to build our own solution or wait for a product release for Gooddata Cloud. Thanks!
f
Hi @Philip Asp, yes, the planned feature will include sending both dashboards and visualizations via email, as well as alerts related to those (say, if a particular value on a headline drops below a certain threshold).
p
@Francisco Antunes that is great news! Do we have any guestimate about when we can expect this during Q2 (May, June...)
f
Sadly no - I’m afraid “Q2” is all we have for now 😉
👍 1