Hi, We heard that there was a limit of 100 users o...
# gooddata-cloud
j
Hi, We heard that there was a limit of 100 users on Good Data OIDC (Auth0), but I would like to know if there is a limit to the amount of users (without an auth_id) we can create via the API? So basically users that are not in Auth0.
f
Hi Jhonatan, although it is technically possible to create users without an auth_id (the API call doesn’t require this field), they become unable to login to the platform or perform API calls. So while you can technically create as many auth_id-less users you’d like, they wouldn’t be functional.
j
hmm it's because I was able to generate a JWT for users without an auth_id, and this did work for our use case which is basically embedding web components and displaying insights/editor, so these users were able to see the data normally
do you think it would be OK for us to use it like this in your perspective?
by the way these users would never need to access Good Data portal
f
I see! Although that sounds like it would work out, we don’t officially support this use-case. I’m not sure how far it could be scaled, for example, so I’ll discuss it internally to find out more. But it does work, yes.
j
yes, I'm asking this exactly so that we don't go on a path that will bring us problems later, but so far I couldn't really see an issue with it, please let me know any outcomes you have internally!
👍 1
f
Hi Jhonatan, good news! I checked internally, and you should be definitely OK with using JWTs to authenticate embedded GD Cloud without an OIDC. In fact, it’s the intended use-case for the feature! So feel free to implement it this way 🙂
j
ah nice, thanks for chasing it up for me! 🙂