Hey, how can I exclude some specific reports from ...
# gooddata-cloud
m
Hey, how can I exclude some specific reports from a child workspace? I don't have the edit button on the child workspaces. Thank you in advance
f
Hi Menelaos, the way the Workspace Hierarchy works in GoodData Cloud, the child workspace will inherit all entities present in the parent workspace. The inherited entities are displayed in read-only mode, which would explain why you are unable to edit the inherited reports. You can check out Build a Workspace Hierarchy more info. If you have a dashboard that is on a parent but cannot be on a child workspace, I would suggest removing it from the parent workspace and then only adding it to the children that require it, for example. You can even add another layer to the hierarchy: a pared-down parent with only the things that every child should have > an intermediate child workspace with additional stuff, that you might want to edit > the final, end-user child workspaces. Be careful not to go too deep, though! Anything more than 2 levels deep becomes very difficult to manage.
m
@Francisco Antunes thank you very much for the suggestion. I’ve read it but doesn’t sound like what we initially agreed. Can you please add as a feature request that I want to be able to remove insights from children workspaces? Thank you in advance!
✔️ 1
p
🎉 New note created.