Hi everyone, I have a question around workspace sp...
# gooddata-platform
t
Hi everyone, I have a question around workspace speed. We just launched a new workspace and it worked relatively ok in terms of speed when we launched it, but now that more people are on the workspace, the speed has reduced to a crawl. It sometimes takes minutes for a dashboard to load, even though before it was seconds. Is there something we can do about it?
j
Hi Thomas, could you provide some details as to how fast your workspace has expanded? Is it just the number of users accessing the workspace at the same time? This can certainly affect performance if all users are executing reports around the same times. Also, is this slowness solely related to report computation, or have you noticed slowness in loading data to the workspace? As a follow up, have the data load sizes increased in anyway, and/or has the workspace size increased as well? Furthermore, you can find some tips on performance here: https://help.gooddata.com/doc/growth/en/expand-your-gooddata-platform/gooddata-platform-overview/performance-tips/
t
We built the workspace just recently. It is a quite heavy workspace regarding the data volume, but as long as I worked on it alone, it was really working just fine. Then we gave access to about 50 employees in the company. I assume that maybe 15 of them looked at it over the day, and performance deteriorated quite massively.
Loading data to the workspace is slow when we do a force full load, but the incremental mode works just fine
j
Hi Thomas, I will follow up in a separate thread and we will open a case to check the performance of the workspace
t
thanks