Hi all, I have set up a Federated Database instanc...
# gooddata-platform
b
Hi all, I have set up a Federated Database instance in MongoDB that provides a SQL schema and should translate Atlas SQL queries between Gooddata and the Atlas data. While I have successfully configured the Federated Database instance, I’m encountering challenges in connecting it to the GoodData platform. The JDBC connection url starts with
jdbc:mongodb://
but there’s no option for this in the ‘Connect source’ window. Any insights or suggestions on how to establish this connection would be greatly appreciated.
t
Hi, @Bianca Moldovan, do I understand correctly that you want to use MongoDB as a data source for GoodData? Meaning that you will visualise data from MongoDB in GoodData? If so, then: 1. You should choose “MongoDB” option from the screen you shared above. 2. On the next screen insert all the required information. UI suggest
jdbc:mysql://
, because GoodData uses https://www.mongodb.com/docs/bi-connector/current/ to connect to Mongo. a. The BI Connector is a product/tool developed by Mongo and needs to be enabled first b. Without the BI Connector you cannot connect GD with MongoDB I hope this information was helpful.
🙌 1
👍 1