I have several questions about licensing. I am r...
# gooddata-platform
w
I have several questions about licensing. I am reviewing all of my workspaces using the https://usage.gooddata.com/ dashboard. I am specifically looking at the "Monthly Controlling" dashboard and the "Workspaces Tiers Utilization" chart. 1. How often does the data in this dashboard data update? I am seeing things that don't seem to align with the amount of data in the workspaces now. If I load a workspace today, when will the size of it show on this dashboard so I can experiment? 2. If a workspace is showing as being a "basic" tier now, and I clean up the data in that workspace to be less than 100MB, will the workspace automatically move back down to the tiny tier? 3. Also, do the amount of Metrics in a workspace make the workspace storage go higher? Do dashboards and insights take up much space? I am seeing workspaces that have had the same relatively the same amount of data they have always had, but now there are dashboards and metrics built and the data usage is higher? 4. How do I empty out a workspace of its data, but leave the model, metrics, dashboards? We have workspaces that we are marked as "Basic" (used only for LCM) but when I go look at the data in them, there is none that I can see?
m
Hi Willie, glad to answer your questions: 1. Fresh data are loaded everyday usually around 4 PM CEST. 2. Workspaces tiers are designated as per your contract. In order to give a more accurate answer here, I will let your Account Owner, Pablo Castro, @Pablo Castro chime in or you can also reach out to him. 3. Metadata size does add up to the workspace size, but it will always be the actual data loaded into it that will contribute the most toward the overall size. 4. Workspace data deletion is done via MAQL DML; there are different methods you can use to achieve this, they are all covered in our documentation: Deleting Records from Datasets | GoodData Enterprise
w
Is the success dashboard the only way to see my workspace sizes. I am wanting to try different techniques to reduce sizes which is going to involve some trial and error. Is there a way I can load a workspace and then immediately see its size?
m
Yes, it is. You can also get the same info, although partially, by checking the dataset sizes by navigating to Manage > Datasets > Dataset name
w
Do you mean by clicking on every dataset individually?? Thats not really feasible to do. 🤔 And I have one workspace for instance that is showing on your dashboard as being 280MB but when I click on all of the datasets they are all 0. How do I figure this out?
m
Then in this case it would be necessary to pull the info from your GoodSuccess workspace. Once you delete the data from the workspace, the updated size info will show up after the 4 PM (CEST) daily data load.
w
How do I get a meeting lined up with someone that can explain these issues in more detail for me? Including the license details.
m
You can get in touch with your Account Owner, Pablo Castro @Pablo Castro. He’s also aware of this conversation.
m
Copy code
And I have one workspace for instance that is showing on your dashboard as being 280MB but when I click on all of the datasets they are all 0.
Please note that also date dimensions also consume space (default date dimension is around 11MB each)
Copy code
How often does the data in this dashboard data update? I am seeing things that don't seem to align with the amount of data in the workspaces now. If I load a workspace today, when will the size of it show on this dashboard so I can experiment?
There are two types of state information in GoodSuccess- daily snapshotted state and monthly snapshotted data for “billing” - the workspace tier and size for billing is monthly aggregated value - so if you change size now, it will be visible in next month billing data.