Hello, I have a question regarding the Release/Rol...
# gooddata-platform
p
Hello, I have a question regarding the Release/Rollout cycle to existing workspaces: Given pre-existing workspaces provisioned using the Provision Brick following a Release Brick, If a user with Editor/higher than Editor privileges creates a dashboard manually (as opposed to rolled-out via LCM), When a subsequent release-provision-rollout cycle is run, Then • Will the manually created dashboard be deleted from the workspace? • Or is it only the LCM-bound dashboards that are overwritten on Rollout Brick schedule run?
m
In this case the dashboards will NOT be deleted. Users can safely create their own objects in their workspaces. The release/rollout only touch objects which are originating from the master workspace. Anything newly created in the client workspace will not be affected *). And this is the case also for copies of objects from master. Normally during rollout, all objects which originate from the master workspace are “locked” = they can not be modified by normal users even editors (only by admins). This is to prevent users doing any changes to them - since those changes would get overridden by the next rollout. The locked objects can still be copied - users can create editable copies of them. *) there are two exceptions: 1. if during the rollout you would be removing some part of the logical model and user would be using it in their custom metric or insight, those would also get removed 2. if user reuses a metric/insight from the master in their own object, and definition in the master changes (i.e. you change metric definition and roll-it out) this change will also affect the custom object (i.e. their custom dashboard will be using the new master-metric definition)
p
Thanks Michal, that answers my question very clearly!