Hi All, I am attempting to create a demo workspace...
# gd-beginners
d
Hi All, I am attempting to create a demo workspace for our company and being asked about the CSV data source upload functionality but when I try to make a workspace to do this, I don't see an option (like it shows in the documentation). Am I missing something or is there somewhere else I need to look for this?
t
Hi @Drew Klick, the documentation you point to is for a different version of GoodData (called GoodData Platform). From your screenshots I see you are using GoodData Cloud. Luckily support for CSV files should soon arrive to GoodData Cloud trial as well. The next release is currently planned for tomorrow. You can check the release notes here: https://support.gooddata.com/hc/en-us/sections/7552950634899-Release-Notes
d
@Tomas Muchka Thank you for the quick response. So is this other platform something I do not have access to? Also what is the differences? Is there some documentation I can use to support this? I am just a developer getting direction from our product team and don't have the high level knowledge of these things. Thanks!
t
There are basically two GoodData products. One is called Platform and the other is called Cloud. There is a huge feature overlap between those, but there are still some differences. Support for CSV files is currently missing in GoodData Cloud, but should be added to the trial with the next release. I suggest to contact your sales representative in case you miss some features that are available in GoodData platform, but not in GoodData Cloud.