Hey there, I’m just getting started working with G...
# gd-beginners
m
Hey there, I’m just getting started working with GoodData. I am trying to invite one of my coworkers (so a new user can be created for them). I don’t see the option in the GUI, and I’m getting a 403 error when sending an API request to `/api/v1/actions/invite`:
Copy code
{
  "title": "Forbidden",
  "status": 403,
  "detail": "Invitation endpoint is turned off.",
  "traceId": "e2d111b6082e48646e7f8df84f9c3b34"
}
Any idea what I’m doing wrong with the invite?
f
Hi Michael, you’re not doing anything wrong here! I understand you are using GoodData Cloud. The Invite Feature (and the API endpoint) are only enabled when the Org is set up to use the OIDC solution managed by GoodData. By design, GoodData Cloud is intended to utilize the customer’s own OIDC in Authentication. We provide our OIDC (along with a simple Invite feature, currently still undergoing testing) during the Trial, but it’s intended as a temporary measure until you can have your own set up. I checked, and your Org is not currently configured to use GoodData’s OIDC. This was done during provisioning, as it is not meant for Prod use. This means that in order to add more users, it would be recommended to first Set Up Authentication to use your OIDC solution, as explained in the article above. Then, you’ll be able to add your new users via the APIs, as explained in this section of our Documentation. However, if you would like to continue using our OIDC, at least temporarily, so you can add other internal users and start working on development, we can also do that for you. Please let us know if that would be the case!
👀 1
🙌 1
m
Hey @Francisco Antunes, we would actually like to continue using your OIDC temporarily. That would be super duper awesome if you could help us out and switch it back.
f
Hi Michael, thanks for following up! I’ll DM you some details
🙌 1
m
Hey again Francisco, I ended up setting up authentication with our OIDC provider, and it works! Question: I don’t think we have access now to the users we created during the trial. I assume this is expected, wanted to double check. Should I just go ahead and delete these users since we can’t log in with them? Appreciate all the quick help