Hi, I was updating the Logical data model and it s...
# gd-beginners
r
Hi, I was updating the Logical data model and it seems to have broken Dashboard Insights. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
r
@Francisco Antunes or @Ivana Gasparekova - would be helpful to get some directions for troubleshooting with urgency - thanks in advance 🙂. Rajat tried to revert the changes but this did not seem to fix the issue. The update consisted in adding two new data tables to the logical data model, without updating existing tables. Thanks
j
Hi guys, can you please confirm which product you are working with? Platform or cloud?
r
Cloud
r
image.png
j
Could you try clearing cache from your end? If you have reverted the changes clearing the cache should help
r
We had cleared it before, will do again
j
sorry, could you try reloading the cache as mentioned here: https://www.gooddata.com/docs/cloud/connect-data/cache-management/reload-cached-data/
r
yes just did but no luck.
j
Ok, and was this report working previously before the LDM changes? Also, are all dashboards/reports affected, or just this one?
r
The change has broken all the insights present in that workspace.
The insights were working before the change.
j
How exactly did you make the changes and how did you revert to the previous LDM?
r
There where multiple workspaces among which I made changes to LDM to 2 of them.
Then I took LDM export of the one workspace where I had not made those changes and applied it.\
j
Did you export/backup the LDM before making the changes? Do all these workspaces utilize the exact same LDM? We may need to impersonate the admin account and look directly into the workspace now
r
Hi Joseph, to your question, we have a mechanism that cascades down the changes we apply to "root_workspace" to other workspaces, including copying data model, metrics and insights, on a daily basis. The data model should end up being the same for all workspaces.
Hi @Joseph Heun, are you able to check the workspace for us?
j
Yes, I’ve checked but I see that there are only two datasets and three date dimensions in the workspace. Is this the desired LDM?
r
No, not the expected result @Joseph Heun. are you checking in our Production account, root_workspace? You should see a lot of tables in the LDM.
r
@Joseph Heun we have 2 datasource and 9 workspace in our production account.
i
Hi All, Joe will be off his business hours soon, hope it is ok to step in here. I believe that Joe was checking the testing workspaces with broken Insights, where the model changes were applied.
r
Hi @Ivana Gasparekova thanks for stepping in. Could you kindly check our production account, root_workspace please?
i
Sure thing, happy to do so. I can see the complex model there. Is this the workspace where the changes were applied, or is this the one with original(root) model, please?
r
Yes, it is both the one with the original (root) model and the one where changes were applied (please @Rajat can you kindly confirm)
r
@Ivana Gasparekova I suspect the LDM might have cascaded by now.
@Ivana Gasparekova sorry, I want to correct myself, the Desired LDM is in the
free_workspace
✔️ 1
We have already reverted into the LDM from this workspace and also cleared the cache as instructed.
i
Since you are mentioning cascading, are also working with Parent/Child workspaces, please? Is the Root one the Parent?
r
Root and Free are parent to the remaining workspaces you see in the account
the other accounts sync from both root and free
i
Thank you for the confirmation, let me review the models once again, please. I’ll get back to you shortly.
r
Thanks @Ivana Gasparekova!
i
@Raffaella Gozzini @Rajat One quick question here. Which two tables were you trying to add to the existing models, please?
r
@Ivana Gasparekova we were trying to add quizzes table
Thank you so much guys we were able to fix this issue
It was due to incorrect permissions of the user in redshift
🙌 3
i
YAY!! That’s great, really glad to hear so.
👍 2
r
Thanks @Ivana Gasparekova and @Joseph Heun - really appreciate your support today.
😇 2
i
Thank you for the cooperation and all your efforts here. But the kudos go to @Rajat!
r
For sure 🙂