Hi, In my Workspace I have a few Dashboards, I had...
# gd-beginners
n
Hi, In my Workspace I have a few Dashboards, I had a few questions related to Filters. 1.If I select a value from the Filters in Dashboards1,then go ahead and view the Dashboard2 and return back to the Dashboard1, the values selected on the Filter on Dashboard1 are set back to default values. Is there a way I can make the values stay as selected even when I switch from one Dashboard to another? 2.If I select a value on Filters on Dashboard1, Is it possible that all of my Dashboards get those values selected for me? 3.If it is possible to get the selected filter values from Dashboard1 applied to all other Dashboards, will it be possible to keep one of the Dashboards as an exception where the users get to select the filter values separately? I am using the GoodData Cloud Free Trial Version.
i
Hi Nikita, Unfortunately, this is not possible in GD Cloud right now. But, first two option were actually part of our older solution with UI called PixelPerfect. Therefore I believe, it should be doable in GD Cloud with Responsive UI as well. Not that sure about the third point, but I’d be more than happy to submit a Product feedback on your behalf. May I know how critical is this for your business case, please? Would such feature make it easier for you to navigate between the Dashboards while still focusing on selected data, for e.g.?
n
Hi Ivana, It is really important to us because we want the users to be able to focus on the selected values, we do not wish to make them select the values again as they navigate between the Dashboards. You mentioned that the first two points can be achieved using Responsive UI, can you share more information about this, any documentation/links that could help us with this?
i
Hi Nikita, It was a default setup of previously used user interface called PixelPerfect and it was part of GD Platform. More information here. However, you are currently working with Responsive User Interface in GD Cloud. This is not possible in GD Cloud with ResponsiveUI right now. I just mentioned the PixelPerfect UI, as per our Product team and developers might be already familiar with such functionality. I’d be more than happy to submit a Product feedback on your behalf, if this is really crucial for your business case. Just be aware that data can be filtered also on Insight/Metric level and you can also restrict data that are available for users via Workspace and User filters: User Data Filters Workspace Data Filters
n
Alright Ivana, thank you so much..🙂
😉 1