Hello People of GoodData! As far as I understand t...
# gd-beginners
t
Hello People of GoodData! As far as I understand the concept, you can now work in "AS-A-CODE" mode, right? Can you please point me to a documentation / resources? I would like to export all metrics from a workspaces, edit them, add more metrics and then load it back to GoodData. I guess I would have to use CLI, or something like that?
m
Hi Tomas, please review our Python SDK documentation which should help here: https://www.gooddata.com/docs/python-sdk/latest/#what-can-i-do-with-python-sdk
šŸ‘ 1
šŸ‘€ 1
t
@Michael Ullock Is there a "Mac Terminal" version?
m
Hi Tomas, apart from the Python SDK which lets you automate things, there is also recently released command line tool and plugin for Visual Studio Code which should allow you to do exactly what you ask for - export all metrics into ā€œas-a-codeā€ format, edit them, add some more and load them back. There is more info about this new tool here: https://www.gooddata.com/blog/why-you-should-create-your-next-analytical-project-in-code/ EDIT: and here is the documentation and probably the best starting point to try it: https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/cloud/api-and-sdk/vs-code-extension/ (note - both these are for GoodData Cloud)
šŸ‘€ 1
t
Brilliant, thanks a lot @Michal HauzĆ­rek!
m
Hmm, not sure (unless you had a typo in any of the params) @Andy, @Stanislav Hacker any idea?
t
Hello @Tomas Trnka, after doing
gd init
your working directory should contain a file named gooddata.yaml. This file contains information (profiles) about the cloud workspace you would like to use. You might want to clone from one workspace, while deploying into another, thatā€™s why there is possibility to define multiple profiles. Is gooddata.yaml in your working directory where you run terminal commands?
t
Hi @Tomas Muchka, I believe it is:
t
As for the params you mentioned, these are more in depth explained here: https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/cloud/api-and-sdk/vs-code-extension/structures/#profile In nutshell: ā€¢ source_dir - we expect that you would like to have a dedicated folder just for analytics inside your directory with gooddata.yaml. ā€¢ default_profile - just a shortcut for VS Code in case you would not manually select a profile in the UI.
t
Is the "source_dir" going to be created after sucessfull clone? Or should I have it already created?
t
It should be created if it does not exist
s
It will be created automatically šŸ™‚
t
weird.. what I am doing wrong then? I am getting 404
s
I thin kthat problem with 404 is invalid token or not systemv ariable found
Thats my quess
t
@Tomas Trnka which product are you using? GoodData Cloud, GoodData.CN or GoodData platform?
t
I have double checked the token with the chrome extension.. Is it supposed to be the "platfrom token", right?
@Tomas Muchka Not sure. Any way to find out?
m
If the Chrome Extension works there, you are using GD Platform :-)
t
šŸ˜„ ok
t
Yes, GD chrome extension + Platform token indicates GoodData Platform šŸ™‚
We are sorry, but GoodData as code is currently limited to GoodData Cloud and GoodData.CN. I have no indication if it should be available for Platform in the future.
šŸ‘ 1
t
Is it possible that our "custom domain" is causing it? (please see screenshots attached)
Oh.. That would explain it.. Thats a pitty.. šŸ˜ž
t
To be sure you are using GoodData Platform, do you have access to data load? Is there a navigation tab called Load? Or do you have access to the Data Integration Console (DISC)?
t
yes, yes, we connect GoodData directly to our Snowflake
t
Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 15.59.16.png
t
Yes, then it is for sure, it is GoodData Platform.
t
Can you point me to resources where I can study the differences between Cloud, Cloud.CN and Platform? We use GoodData for embedded analytics so if the other two "editions" support that, we could migrate.
t
Let me point you to the root docs of GoodData Cloud and starting page for .CN. I will forward the question to a more suitable person as I was unable to find a simple comparison of the products - Iā€™m a UX designer who supports GoodData as code, so this is a bit out of scope for me šŸ™‚
āœ… 1
šŸ™Œ 1