Additionally, I am not understanding how to use da...
# gd-beginners
n
Additionally, I am not understanding how to use data from two different data sets from Google Big Query. I set them up as two different data sources, but swapping between them produces errors.
j
Hello Nicholas, Is there a reason why you are trying to set the datasets as two datasources? You can map multiple tables or views from your single datasource to LDM datasets. I would strongly recommend you to check our university courses, in this case a particular one - “Loading Data from Data Warehouses”: https://university.gooddata.com/loading-data-from-data-warehouses
n
Awesome, thank you @Julius Kos! The reason why I was creating two data sources is because my big query data is structured like this
But this only allows me to select one dataset it seems
j
additional questions - could you please also confirm which product of GoodData are you using and what errors are you exactly receiving here?
n
I am using the cloud product, and when swapping data sources in the LDM I get these errors
Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 6.19.20 PM.png
After swapping to the data source that does not contain this table
Will be back online tomorrow @Julius Kos!
j
GoodData cannot handle multiple BigQuery datasets (in other databases they are called schemas) in a single workspace, at least not yet. Can anyone register it in our Product Board?
j
@Nicholas Towery Thanks for getting back to me! Apologies, at first I haven’t realised you are using GD Cloud. In that case, please ignore my initial University training URL. We have university courses dedicated to GoodData Cloud here: https://university.gooddata.com/page/getting-started-with-gooddata-cloud
Regarding the BigQuery question - unfortunately, as my college stated, this wouldn’t be possible as GoodData cannot handle multiple BQ datasets within one workspace. You would need to group your BQ tables or views under one particular BQ dataset. I’ve taken the liberty to share your feedback with our Product team in order to ensure that we consider to change this in our product development plans. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Much appreciated.
p
🎉 New note created.