Hi! Does anyone know if it’s possible to load data...
# gd-beginners
a
Hi! Does anyone know if it’s possible to load data from a BigQuery view which in turn is fetching data from a BigQuery table which is a linked to a Google Sheet in Drive? I am getting this error:
Copy code
2021-12-06T17:13:22.031+0100 [ERROR]: Fail to load projects "[/.../]". Reason: Unable to query and split data for table=out_nameoftheview:
    Unable to query and split data for table=out_nameoftheview:
    Access Denied: BigQuery BigQuery: Permission denied while getting Drive credentials.:
    403 Forbidden
{
  "code" : 403,
  "errors" : [ {
    "domain" : "global",
    "message" : "Access Denied: BigQuery BigQuery: Permission denied while getting Drive credentials.",
    "reason" : "accessDenied"
  } ],
  "message" : "Access Denied: BigQuery BigQuery: Permission denied while getting Drive credentials.",
  "status" : "PERMISSION_DENIED"
}
Querying the view from BigQuery works fine and the Drive sheet is readable for everyone.
m
Hi Allan, thank. you for your question. Please note that Loading data originating in Google Sheets (Connected Sheets) from BigQuery is not supported. For some other limitations, please see: Limitations
a
Hi Moises! Thanks for the quick answer. Clear then. I’ll then create a table in the output stage and move data from the connected sheet to that table. I’ve been using that approach for other datasets, but I was wondering if the view-based approach would work, potentially cutting out one data loading step.
m
As long as the data is being fetched directly from the table in BigQuery (taking into account the aforementioned limitations), the integration with your workspace in GoodData will be successful.