Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to connect t...
# gooddata-cn
a
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to connect to excel (via from Data tab -> Get Data -> From Web) to pull in a table from GD.CN. I tried using the URL for a given insight on our side, but it ends up pulling in no data.
m
Hi Alex, I have not come across this question before, where trying to directly connect to a table from GD.CN through Excel’s “Get Data -> From Web”. So we will need to ask around internally if this would be possible or not - We will keep you posted!
m
It is not possible to import a table from GoodData this way, you will need to export the visualization as documented in https://www.gooddata.com/docs/cloud-native/3.4/create-visualizations/export/ and then open it in Excel
a
Thanks @Michael Ullock,please let me know if you do find if this is possible. And thanks @Moises Morales, I am familiar with that, was just hoping that we could pull the data into excel directly.
m
Hello @Alex Gertman, I am afraid that it is not possible to achieve this a different way at the time. May I know your use case?
We can gladly share it internally as product feedback with our developers
❤️ 1
a
Sure! Frequently we have customers that are heavy users of microsoft products (excel, powerpoint in particular.) They want to be able to just pull tabular data into their spreadsheets directly. This allows for them to be able to have formatting and formulas, and pull in data from other locations (SQL db for ex). They are used to being able to do this from different vendors, providers in the financial sector. (It streamlines their workflow.)
@rohit mathur, not sure if you would add anything else
p
🎉 New note created.
r
The key ask is that the client does not want to come to our reporting application portal to pull the latest version of this data and instead want to define this table/insight once and then somehow link to that data and pull into Excel whenever they need it
✔️ 1
Does gd.cn still create a postgres mart ?
or is there any other way to expose the created table / insight
for pulls
m
Thanks for the additional details. At this moment we are unable to provide any other workarounds regarding the connection of GD CN tables to Excel, but you can rest assured that I have shared the details internally with the proper parties. It may be possible that we could implement such a functionality, but unfortunately at this time I am unable to provide any ETA or confirm its implementation. Please feel free to stay tuned to our Release Notes for any updates on our new features: https://support.gooddata.com/hc/en-us/sections/1500000704441-Release-Notes