Hi, I have an issue in displaying visualization i...
# gooddata-ui
h
Hi, I have an issue in displaying visualization item present on editing a dashboard on the left side of the sidebar. I did n't have visualization item when go to the editing of a dashboard using iframe or good data sdk. can you please guide me how to add or show the visualization item using sdk or iframe?
This is the screenshot when i go to the editing page using good data cloud dashboard.
This is the screenshot when i go to the editing page using sdk or iframe.
Is there anyone to help me?
i
Hi Haseeb, Could you confirm that you are working with GoodData Cloud product, please? And if possible, please check for me what SDK version are you working with. May I know what would you like to achieve with your embedded Dashboard? To let user to edit existing visualizations or to create new ones?
h
I am using sdk version 9.5.0.
I have mentioned the area which I need when i use sdk.
When I go to the editing page of dashboard I didn't see above highlighted items. Instead I am getting the following items. Please lemme know what can i do to have above items on the sidebar.
i
Thank you for the confirmation. I am just trying to understand what are you trying to achieve with your embedded dashboard. In your example, the dashboard is empty. If you want to create new visualizations, I’d rather suggest to embed the Analytical Designer(Analyze tab). Let me double-check internally if current behaviour with embedded Dashbaords is expected. I will get back to you shortly.
h
Thanks @Ivana Gasparekova .
I just want to create visualization while editing the dashboard so that I can use it.
i
Hey @Haseeb Ahmad, I haven’t tested the SDK yet, but I wasn’t able to replicate this via iframe. Could you share with me your iframe code snippet and check also user’s permissions, please?
h
So can you lemme know how can we create visualization item while editing the dashboard?
I am using sdk. Here is the code.
@Ivana Gasparekova, Can you please check on your end and lemme how I can create visualization item while editing the dashboard. Thanks.
I am still waiting for the response?
i
Sorry Haseeb, I was already out of my business hours and as I said, I was unable to replicate the same situation with my iFrame. About the second SDK scenario - are your visualizations also created via SDK, please? @Radek Novacek Could you check Haseeb’s setup, please?
👀 1
h
@Radek Novacek, any update on it?
Hi @Michael Ullock, I am using the same user and same dashboard but have different things. When I edit the dashboard on good data cloud (as you can see in the attached image), I have visualization item on the left sidebar. Please check.
But when I edit the dashboard using sdk, I don't have visualization item on the left side bar.