hello, adding a date filter in the gooddata dashbo...
# gooddata-ui
a
hello, adding a date filter in the gooddata dashboard doesn't work, but the default date range filter and other string filter does 🧵
we have a dashboard with a report that shows documents. And each document has the field
issue date
and
expiry date
. We wanted to be able to filter by these dates. Currently, we are using the default date filter to filter by
expiry date
. However, adding another date filter for
issue date
doesn't work. Even though i've added it in the dashboard as filter, it doesn't show up in the embedded report in our client. In fact, adding another date filter breaks the default date filter.
To be specific, here are the detailed steps to reproduce: 1. Create a workspace with a report that uses the default date filter 2. Add another date filter Expected: New date filter should show up in the embedded report Actual: New date filter doesn't show up in the embedded report and the existing default date filter no longer works
m
Hello, thanks for reporting this. I have reached out to you via DM to gather more details about your environment.
👌 1
a
hi @Moises Morales just want to check if there's any progress on this issue? thanks! cc: @Byron Antoniadis @Konstantinos Koroneos
m
Hello as discussed privately, we have escalated the case internally and will update the thead with an update soon!
j
Hi, I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue with the provided code snippet.. could you please create a reproducer (e.g. in form of our app toolkit)that we could run on our side and provide it to us?
a
hi @Jan Kos for the reproducer code, i would need to connect to an endpoint that does the ff: 1. generate a token from a POST request to f"{settings.GOOD_DATA_HOST_URL}/api/v1/entities/users/{gooddata_username}/apiTokens/ 2. fetches the list of dashboard from the GET request to f"{settings.GOOD_DATA_HOST_URL}/api/v1/entities/workspaces/{workspace_id}/analyticalDashboards" how can this be done in the reproducer code template?
@Jan Kos just checking if you have news on my inquiry above? cc: @Byron Antoniadis @Konstantinos Koroneos
j
Hi @Apple Pinca I’m sorry for the delay getting back to you.. please let us review your question and we’ll get back to you shortly.
👌 1
r
Hi there @Apple Pinca, Radek from the GD Technical team here - for the reproducer, have you tried to verify if the same issue happens when those two values are just straight up hardcoded in? If it does, I should be able to make this happen off of the code snippet, can you just confirm the SDK version you're using? 🙂
a
hi @Radek Novacek yes, the issue persists if i hardcoded those 2 values. i have also prepared a reproducer project that i can share -- it's a bit big (~300MB) so i'd rather share it via dm. let me know if it's still needed.
note that the issue is on gooddata cloud. the screenshots i've provided in the beginning is from https://seafair.cloud.gooddata.com/workspaces in the dashboard and report in gooddata cloud, the date filter is not working. likewise, in the embedded dashboard and report in our app, the date filter is also not working
r
Heya @Apple Pinca, this not working in GD Cloud itself is news to me! What happens when you try to filter anything with the Issue date filter in the GoodData Cloud environment? I tried to reproduce using the same steps (a default filter set to "This year" and a second date filter), but the filtering seems to work according to expectation - for example, filtering to anything other than "this year" on the second date filter would return no values. The only condition that should be able to break this would be that each additional date filter must target a unique date dimension.
a
Hey @Radek Novacek i tried adding a secondary filter in GD Cloud seems to work now. So the remaining issue is on the embedded report in our app. The secondary date filter does not show up and it messed up the filtering of the initial date filter.
r
That's at least a little less alarming 🙂 Can you DM me the reproducer please? I'll look over it during today and hopefully finally be able to reproduce on my side too!
✅ 1
a
@Radek Novacek sure, i've sent you the reproducer code ✅ thanks!
hello @Radek Novacek just want to check if there's an update? thank you!
r
Heya @Apple Pinca, apologies for the delay, I've been a little bit busy - but I should be able to give you more updates during today! 🙂
🙌 1
a
hey @Radek Novacek any updates?