hi all, I'm having a column (data type is text) an...
# gooddata-platform
n
hi all, I'm having a column (data type is text) and I export data to csv file, then import to the GoodData by using feed.txt file (https://help.gooddata.com/doc/growth/en/data-integration/data-preparation-and-distrib[…]erence/brick-reference/downloaders/csv-downloader/feed-file/) My question is the length of data is dynamic and I'm not going to limit it when exporting to the GoodData. But in the spec, I see that I only can use
varchar
data type and need to input the maximum characters. Do we have other data types which could support me to not limit number of characters?
i
Hi Nam, Wouldn’t the VARCHAR(10000) fit your needs, please? Please be aware that even with this data type, GD platform can only display the first 255 characters of the string in UI. More details can be found in our Platform limits.
n
thanks Ivana, I'm curious about the system allows to have 10K characters, but only display 255 characters on the UI?
i
I believe that main purpose is to make data exportable and also your analytics sort of organized and lucid.
n
you're right. The exported file contains maximum characters
thanks for your help, Ivana 🙂
😉 1
i
Sure thing, you are welcome, Nam! 😉
👍 1