Hey. I have an issue where I added a new column to...
# gooddata-cloud
f
Hey. I have an issue where I added a new column to my view, the view that loads into GD. It has 51 columns now, but GD refuses to see this new column, regardless if I refresh the data source in the data tab. In the past this was not happening - GD would see the new columns and I could add them via UI and map them to the new columns in the view. Did something change? Do I have to create a new view now?
m
Hi Filip, How are you updating your data model? If there were edits made on the source tables, then it is necessary to refresh the tables/views from the model and then re-add them to the model:
f
@Moises Morales I did it like you showed, but it still says 50 columns. Running the query yields 51 columns - so GD isn't reading the new column for some reason.
So I created a
dev_test_view2
table - and it shows 51 columns correctly. It is an exact copy of
dev_test_view
- which also has 51 columns, but GD refuses to show that 1 new column, even though I don't use
dev_test_view
anywhere in my LDM anymore.
m
Unfortunately, I have been unable to reproduce this, I created a view in my Bigquery instance with 53 columns, and then added 1 more, and it was refreshed as expected in GoodData. Could you provide more details on how the extra column was added, how the view was created, and whether the view ID hasn’t changed? Have you looked for the new column in the dataset even though the number in the preview may suggest it was not added?
f
I mean it's a view so I added 1 more extra column to it. It's a view doing a UNION ALL on 4 other views (because query was too confusing to put into 1 view). The view ID hasn't changed - I just edited the query in BQ, added the extra column (it's a simple IF/ELSE statememt) and clicked save. Even if the ID did change - wouldn't GD just delete the old table from the list and add the new one in, since I don't even use that table anymore. The new column doesn't exist in the dataset - when I try to add it and select source column, it's not in the list.
Is there any way you can impersonate an admin and attempt this within our workspaces?
m
Sure, I have reached out to you via DM.
j
Just guessing: could it be related to unsupported data type? See https://www.gooddata.com/docs/cloud/model-data/prepare-your-data/#supported-data-types