Hi team - I'd like to create a line chart with mul...
# gooddata-cloud
j
Hi team - I'd like to create a line chart with multiple segment by's or the ability to change the view of what is being segmented by at the dashboard level instead of making a new insight or drilling to a sub-section of the original insight. Do you have any recommendations?
j
Hi Josh, The best way to interact with an insight used on the dashboard is to use the “explore from here” option on the dropdown. However, if I understand the other option correctly, you would like to use the “segment by” line chart option as a dashboard filter, correct? I’m not sure if this would be possible using GD.UI, but we can certainly check internally.
j
Would the 'explore from here' option be usable by users with VIEW permissions? Yes essentially the functionality to have an end user be able to change the segment by on a line graph at the dashboard level, but without affecting other insights in the dashboard. Better would be the ability to handle multiple segment-by's within line graphs in insights, right now is limited to 1 but Id like clients to be able to have a wider view without doing too much editing or having too many insights showing the same data.
i
Hi Josh, As far as I know, this is not on our road map right now. You can certainly toggle between the particular values under the Segment by and “turn them OFF/ON” by simply clicking on the each value in the Insight Legend. Could you provide us some example of your use case, where you’d need to toggle between multiple segments, please?