We're having a problem making simple CURL requests...
# gooddata-cloud
p
We're having a problem making simple CURL requests. E.g., trying to get CORS settings. We get back HTML with embedded Javascript. Why is this occurring?
Untitled
i
Hi Philip, May I know how did you build your CURL request, please? Does it look as my example below?
Copy code
curl -v -X PATCH -H 'Content-type: application/vnd.gooddata.api+json' \
    -H "Authorization: Bearer <token>" \
    -d @organization.json $HOST_URL/api/v1/entities/admin/organizations/default
p
Copy code
curl --request GET --header 'Authorization: Bearer <token>' --header 'Content-Type: application/json' <https://exstratus.cloud.gooddata.com/gdc/account/samlrequest>
as one example
is that not correct?
i
I am afraid, this is not the right approach. Could you kindly confirm if you are able to retrieve the list of allowed origins via UI as navigated here?
p
yes
how do we get the saml settings?
f
Hi Philip, can you tell us a bit more about what you’re trying to achieve here? The endpoint you sent with the cURL example before looks to be for GoodData Platform, not Cloud. It’s likely that the errors you are getting are related to pointing your calls to the wrong endpoints I also checked from our end, and your organization seems to be already using your own OIDC for authentication, which must have been set up from your end as per this article.
p
ok, must have been my confusion looking at the wrong doc.
I want to accomplish changing the URL that GoodData uses for auth
f
How so? Would you mind explaining a bit more?
p
we changed the URL of our OIDC provider (auth0)
f
I see! In this case, you can use the instructions from the article Set Up Authentication Using OpenID Connect Identity Provider, under the section Update the OIDC Settings of the Organization to make that change! There is an API request template there that you can use to make this change. I believe you’d be looking to change the
oauthIssuerlocation
key 🙂