Hi all , our cloud workspaces are not loading at a...
# gooddata-cloud
k
Hi all , our cloud workspaces are not loading at all
our users are reporting that dashboards do not load, and we have the same view from our side
or they do load eventually, but they take a lot of time
j
Hello Konstantinos, There is currently a release being run with no downtime, which is affected the performance at this time: https://support.gooddata.com/hc/en-us/articles/21439244799763-Thu-October-5th-2023-GoodData-Cloud-Release It will only last an hour and should finish shortly.
๐Ÿ‘ 1
Could you please keep an eye on this, and let us know if there are improvements, or if you are still seeing the same behavior? It has just recently finished, and I can confirm my test environment was running much better now.
a
our dashboard is still taking a long time to load ๐Ÿ˜ž
j
Can you please confirm the organization you are working in? Also, have you tried resetting the browser or logging out and back in?
a
our organization is Seafair
j
Could you please provide a url of an example dashboard that is showing the slowness? Or, if possible a traceID of when it is loading? This can help us checking out logs to see if anything else is causing this.
j
Ok, so it looks like it was still a bit tied to the release from earlier, but we donโ€™t see any long executions currently, and all should be fine now. Could you please confirm if you are still experiencing any slowness? We will also continue to monitor the situation from our end.
a
i tried again just now and it's still slow ๐Ÿ˜ž
j
Thank you for this. We are currently investigating with our engineers
j
Hi @Apple Pinca @Konstantinos Koroneos, we are observing not optimal performance on the cluster since the release, we are currently looking into it with our engineers. My apologies for the inconvenience, Iโ€™ll let you know once I have more updates.
n
Hi, we also have an issue with loading dashboards - link to dashboard
j
@Konstantinos Koroneos @Apple Pinca The original issue have been resolved.. Our engineers fixed the issue, some indexes in metadata database were missing.. Execution times should be back to normal, can you please verify on your end?
โœ… 1
@Natalia Laktyushkina this looks unrelated to the issue above.. can you please create a new thread here in #gooddata-cloud and copy paste the trace ID there?
โœ… 1
k
@Jan Kos seems to be in order now
s
@Carol Hood fyi for our slowness
๐Ÿ‘ 1