Hello, I am configuring a Drill into URL for my I...
# gooddata-cloud
r
Hello, I am configuring a Drill into URL for my Insight. I want to be able to click on "Ad Name" and parameterize a URL with
page_id
and
story_id
without actually showing those ids on the insight. Showing these ids is not ideal and takes away from the point of the data. However, this seems impossible. Furthermore, I have to have
page_id
and
story_id
display before "Ad Name" in order to use them as parameters. It seems drilling into URL is dependent on attribute ordering in the rows of a table insight. I would be okay with having to display these fields if I could just push them to the end of the insight out of the way. Any suggestions here?
f
Hi Ryan, indeed the Drill to URL can only use parameters that are a part of the Insight. This cannot be bypassed. And regarding the order of the columns, this behavior is there by design. You can check out this reply on a similar thread we’ve had a while ago for the explanation. The idea is that if you click on a data point (the value of the metric), the parameters available are only the ones used to define the context of the metric, and that depends on the order of columns (as explained on the reply I shared above).
j
Well, obviously not your fault Francisco. But, clearly, the “Drill into URL” feature is pretty worthless at the moment. I understand that the current functionality is “by design”, but the design is not good.
m
Hi @John Munson there is one other solution, that you can try if your data allows it. There is one logical condition, that cannot be surpassed or worked around. -> Relationship between "Ad Name" and page_id and story_id. Is there only one and specific one page_id for "Ad Name"? And same condition is applicable for story_id? That for each "Ad Name" there is only one story_id? If there are two different page_id for one Ad Name than ad Name doesn't have enough information to drill to specific page_id. If yes you can add these fields as label(s) to "Ad Name". And these should be usable for drill to url as well as files used in insight. At least in Platform.
r
Hi @Michal Nikodem Using labels to make Page and Story Id available for Ad Name worked in GoodData Cloud. Thank you for your response.
✔️ 1