I built some insights. They were visually okay. ...
# gooddata-cloud
l
I built some insights. They were visually okay. I then updated the LDM. I got a warning message that there was an insight and a dashboard that would be impacted. I continue anyway. In my embedded dashboard, one of my insights errored and told me to contact my administrator (which is me) so that wasn't much help. I then decided to delete that insight via the API. After doing that I really broke it. Now I get the following error in the terminal when trying to load the dashboards in the GD UI
Invariant Violation: Inconsistent insight store
How do I get out of this mess?
I couldn't figure out any better way than to delete the dashboard and start fresh. Maybe someone can explain to me what I did wrong and how to properly fix it in the GD Cloud UI. I'd prefer not to use the API if at all possible. Non-devs will likely need to do this in the future
j
Hi Levi, Can you please confirm whether you are working with multi-tenant environment in this case? If so, is it possible that your visualizations got deleted on the Parent level? Or is this just a single workspace (no parent or child workspace involved) and the error simply appears once you delete the insight from it?
l
I'm working with multi tenant
j
Additional question, I suppose you have used only the bellow endpoint for the deletion, is that correct?
/api/v1/entities/workspaces/:workspaceId/visualizationObjects/:objectId
l
I did use that in an attempt to delete the insight. After that I seemed to really make it mad. GD UI wouldn't load and gave me a nice white screen with that console error. I ended up using the API to delete the entire dashboard. That is how I remember the sequence of events at least. If you have logs for our cloud environment you might be able to verify my actions
j
The case is that you will need to delete the insight also from the layout itself. You can GET the current layout
/api/v1/layout/workspaces/:workspaceId
, delete the corresponding insight from it and PUT the modified layout back. That should do the trick.