Hi guys, I am really missing "Filter by" in filter...
# gooddata-cloud
o
Hi guys, I am really missing "Filter by" in filters on dashboards. This feature is in GD Platform. Do you know if it is planned also for GD Cloud? Thanks a lot for answer! And I think these filters dont respect row level security...
f
Hi Ondřej, thanks for sending this in! I will send your feedback to the product team about this. At the moment, I am not aware of it being in the roadmap for GD Cloud. You mentioned that the filters do not respect row level security. Would you mind explaining further? Are you referring to the Workspace Data Filters feature*?*
p
🎉 New note created.
o
Hi, I use for RLS this endpoint: /api/v1/entities/workspaces/{{workspace}}/userDataFilters, where I prefilter whole dataset for specific user. Ondrej
f
Hi Ondřej, sorry for the delay in responding. I have tested it on my end, and filters do respect any User Data Filters that you have configured. If that is not the case on your environment, I would recommend double checking the MAQL statement used on the API call to configure the filter; Also, note that a user will inherit the User Data Filters from any User Groups to which they belong (which may provide them with access to more data than you’d expect), so check that as well.