Hi....we have an LDM....we refreshed the underlyin...
# gooddata-cloud
d
Hi....we have an LDM....we refreshed the underlying PDM, to add new fields. Via the good data UI, When we added the table to the LDM originally, field ids were all added in uppercase After the refresh, when we add the new fields into the model they are all being added in lowercase...is there any way to get the new fields added where the ids are in uppercase?
j
Interesting 😉 My guess is that it relates to if you use Snowflake DB (everything upper-case by default) or not. Personally, I hate it. That is why I tried to mitigate it inside GoodData and generate all IDs lower-cased - then it is easy to migrate between Snowflake and other databases! What is your motivation to have IDs upper-cased?
d
Hi Jan, the motivation is it's our naming convention we chose. (Since during the initial create everything was upper cased still). This is going to be a problem since with a mixed case we're going to need to know when the field was added to the model, etc. To do things like build filters correctly, etc. e.g. MAQL "maql": "{label/SALESPERSON_ID} = \"12345\" OR {label/owner_id} = \"12345\"", Is there any way, we can pick and choose...or a workaround, etc.?
j
If you use our UI for modelling, I am afraid that there is no workaround available now. The only workaround is to deliver model with our Python SDK. Model stored on disk/in git can be customized in any way and delivered by a single simple command.
d
We might have found a work around. Would it be possible to use these commands tweak the json to be uppercase for the id, then re-upload. The question for you, would that break any dashboards, metrics, etc. since the field would be added to the LDM....the json downloaded, uppercased, re-uploaded....then used for whatever our needs are
j
If you change IDs, which are already used in metrics/insights/dashboards, you break them.
Recently I created a script changing IDs globally, both in LDM and analytics objects
d
Hey Jan...this would be done as soon as soon as the field was added(before it was used in anything).
j
In that case it would work well