Hi All :wave: , I am trying to find a way to add d...
# gooddata-cloud
s
Hi All 👋 , I am trying to find a way to add data labels to map visual. So far, I have been able to build the map visual with geo-pushpin but do not see any option to enable data-labels (which should be basically the metrics, like count or sum etc..). Is there a way to do this ?
j
Hello, you should be able to manage labels within your LDM as mentioned here: https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/cloud/model-data/evolve-your-model/manage-labels/, if this is not exactly what you are looking for, could you please provide more details with possible screenshots?
t
Hello @Shankar Mahindar, I’m not sure if I completely understand your question, but: • GoodData currently supports only pushpin geochart out of the box. Other types of geocharts can be achieved using GD.UI or dashboard plugins. • Pushpins allow up to 2 metrics which influence ◦ Size of the pushpin ◦ Color of the pushpin All configuration options and examples are described here: https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/cloud/create-visualizations/visualization-types/geo-charts/
s
Thank you Joseph. I was actually referring to data call-outs that can show on the pushpin icons rather than see them only via hovering action.
Hi Thomas, Will this feature be available in future where the data call-outs can show up on the map visual beside the size or color options.
t
Hello @Shankar Mahindar, I don’t see it on the short-term roadmap at the moment. I will however push your feedback to the product team on your behalf. Can you provide us more details into what is the desired outcome? How should the users use the updated geochart? In my experience, always-visible data labels are usually connected to polygon maps, rather than pushpins. Can you share more details into which type of visualisation suits your needs? Such a feedback would be highly valuable to us. Note: The functionality you mention will be most likely achievable using custom visualisation through our React SDK.
👍 1
s
The polygon map with the data call-outs as well as color tiering is the desired option in the map visual. The current workaround, like we know, is only possible as a hover-over action. Thank you Thomas, I will explore the React SDK route if it can be handled.
p
🎉 New note created.