How do we filter on an attribute that "starts with...
# gooddata-cloud
p
How do we filter on an attribute that "starts with" or "contains" some substring? Trying to build a simple insight and quickly discovered that there's just a multi-select option for all the string values of a given attribute. I'm sure this can be done in MAQL but not clear where to start on this.
m
Hi Philip, you can use the “LIKE” clause, e.g.:
Copy code
SELECT SUM({metric/revenue}) WHERE {label/product_name} LIKE "%red%"
p
Got it, thanks. So is there any way to make the predicate be dynamic, selectable by an end-user? I.e., I want to make
%red%
UI-driven
j
Hi Philip, Unfortunately it cannot be dynamic and has to be a complete value as it is put in the source data.
p
is there anything on the road map for allowing user selection of something like "starts with" or "contains" when doing attribute filters?
p
🎉 New note created.
j
I’ve marked this down for product feedback and you can keep an eye on feature releases HERE
p
thanks. is there any place to see the list of upcoming features in one spot? with approximate roadmap dates?
j
I’m afraid we don’t have something like this publicly published. The best way to stay up to date is to follow the release notes and community pages.