Hello, I'm having an issue using metrics created ...
# gooddata-cloud
s
Hello, I'm having an issue using metrics created through the API. When I try to use a metric created thgough the API, I'm seeing "SORRY, WE CAN'T DISPLAY THIS INSIGHT" and I can see in the console the following: "reason: "Missing aggregation, from='[dataset/{TABLENAME}/{WORSKPACEID}]' to='[]'", traceId: 'ba5a7b53256850a6'}" Here's the curl I'm using:
Copy code
curl --request POST 'https://{ENDPOINT}/api/v1/entities/workspaces/{WORSKPACEID}/metrics'   --header 'Content-Type: application/vnd.gooddata.api+json'   --header 'Authorization: Bearer {TOKEN}' --data @- <<'EOF'
{
  "data": {
    "attributes": {
      "title": "mytitle",
      "description":"",
      "content": {
        "format": "#,##0",
        "maql": "SELECT SUM({fact/{COLUMNNAME}}) BY {dataset/{TABLENAME}"
      }
    },
    "id": "{COLUMNNAME}",
    "type": "metric"
  }
}
EOF
If I create the same metric with the editor (in the browser, by copy pasting the MAQL query and selecting the rounding), then it is working fine. Is this a bug, am I missing something? Thanks in advance
i
Hi Simon, Could you show me the exact expression that works in Metric Editor, pease? The part of your metric after the BY clause doesn’t seem to be correct. I would rather expect something like “`BY {label/date.quarter}, {attribute/department}`“.
s
thanks for having a look! the expression is the following
SELECT SUM({fact/sbuyornot__secondprod____sjourney__accessories}) BY {dataset/feedbacks}
here are two screenshots: first one is created through the api and second one manually
so, i was able to solve my issue. the problem was that i used the name of a column as the id of a metric. as soon as set an id that do not collide with the column names, it is working as expected. thanks!
i
Huh, interesting. Thanks a lot for sharing the solution with us.