We’re trying to introduce a second table with a di...
# gooddata-cloud
k
We’re trying to introduce a second table with a different set of data into an existing workspace so we can do analytics across and between them. These are in a different dataset in BigQuery, so it was added to GoodData as a second Data Source. When I go in and try to add a table from this new data source to the LDM, it shows the error “Source column(s) not found in Data Source” on my original data source LDM entity. This comes and goes as I change the data source selected under “FROM DATA SOURCE”. This is making me believe that we can’t add two data sources into a single LDM, but it’d seem to me that I must be missing a nuance - tons of people would need to use data from two sources in one dashboard, so it makes me wonder if I’m just doing it wrong.
d
Hi Kevin! For GoodData Cloud, if you have multiple data sources, we recommend to use Dremio/Drill. And may I know if the new dataset is under the same project or what is the structure?
k
We’re pulling in cloud billing data into BigQuery and to make that orderly, we’re splitting it up into discrete datasets within the same project which is unique to each client, for example aws_billing_prod, gcp_billing_prod might be datasets under a client-named project. Here’s an example:
p
🎉 New note created.
d
Thanks for the screenshot. Unfortunately, all the data needs to be in the same database schema. I’ve taken the liberty to share this feedback with our Product team in order to ensure that we consider this in our product development plans.