Hi team, We set up some KPI alerts on a metric yes...
# gooddata-platform
p
Hi team, We set up some KPI alerts on a metric yesterday and set the trigger very conservatively so that they would definitely trigger today. We are yet to receive an email alert. Is there a set time these alerts will trigger? I've loaded the dashboard today in case that was the what causes the trigger but still nothing.
m
Hello Peter, I believe you are using our GoodData Platform product. Could you please specify the conditions you defined for the alert trigger? Generally speaking, the alert will be triggered after a defined condition is met, i.e., there is a change in the data. If the KPI contains sensitive data, please feel free to send the details via DM.
p
We sure are using the Platform product. Essentially it's about as simple as possible, there is a metric measuring a count of something on a daily basis and provides yesterdays number. The KPI has an alert set for when that number is below 100 (which will be always).
j
Alert should be triggered if threshold is crossed after data upload. I think that it will be not triggered repeatedly unless KPI returns below threshold and crosses it again.
p
So does this mean I would need to set the alert realistically to Zero (this metric hovers around 1-10 on daily basis) and if when it passes midnight it updates to say 0 it would trigger once?
m
You may want to update the alert after the alert threshold has been reached. If the KPI value is cumulative, the alert threshold will only occur once. After it does, update the alert and set the threshold to a different number.