hi All, I'm trying to sort a table that is having ...
# gooddata-platform
j
hi All, I'm trying to sort a table that is having three columns. We need to sort alphabetically the first column which is done, then sort the third one. Any idea on how to do that ? The "Training order" column is already sorted in the data model.
j
Hi Jean-Christophe, I’m afraid this isn’t something that is possible as most sorting would only occur on a single column. However, I see in your use-case it would kind of make sense. Right now, your best option is to create a custom visualization with GoodData U.I
j
Oops that's very bad. Thanks Joseph.
j
I think the table is by default ordered by columns from left to right so merging of cells with the same value lets you group the results. By default columns are ordered alphabetically but you can define sort label in data model and change it. The “Training Order” would be perfect example of such sort label. It would change the order of Training Course attribute. In case you would need to use alphabetical and also some logical order in data model you would have to introduce dedicated attributes for this (one for alphabetical order, other for order by sort column). See “Sort an attribute by a label” in documentation.
j
Thanks ! @Jakub Sterba I moved the order column before the training name and it's ordered now. From left to right as you said. :-)