Hey y'all, does GoodData integrate with the dbt Se...
# gooddata-platform
d
Hey y'all, does GoodData integrate with the dbt Semantic Layer, or is an integration planned?
j
Hi Devon, you can find information about our semantic layer here: https://www.gooddata.com/resources/what-a-semantic-layer/ Are you working for dbt labs and are looking for a possible cooperation?
j
Hey Devon, I had a corresponding presentation at the last Coalesce, and we discussed this topic with people from dbt Labs as well. We do not plan to integrate with your semantic model in near future. We provide our own semantic model, which: • provides more features • can connect with more databases • is supported by advanced caching mechanisms However, our decision can change in the future, if: • Many prospects approach us asking for an integration with dbt semantic layer • Implementation of the integration is not too complicated (quality of your APIs, ...)
I forgot to mention that we plan to release a gooddata-dbt plugin officially. But, it does not integrate with dbt semantic layer in general, it just integrates with a few of your APIs(cloud) or with your manifest.json/profiles.yml files(core) to auto-generate our logical data model. I am going to publish a new article once we release it, watch our blog if you are interested 😉
d
Thanks y'all! I recently learned about GoodData, so I was curious to learn more. We are always interested in integrating with more partners.
• Implementation of the integration is not too complicated (quality of your APIs, ...)
Please let us know if you try out the APIs and run into any issues. We are always looking to improve them.
publish a new article once we release it, watch our blog
I'll keep an eye out!