Is there a way to export/import all of the metrics...
# gooddata-platform
w
Is there a way to export/import all of the metrics from one workspace into another and keep all of the object and field references intact? Is there a way to do the same thing for Dashboards?
j
Hi Willie, you can definitely migrate selected objects. Please note, that in order to correctly execute these migrations you will need to ensure three things: • You use the same account to access the workspaces. • You are a workspace administrator in both workspaces. • The workspaces have the same logical data model.
w
Thank you. But my situation is a little more complicated. We have three separate (whit labeled) environments. Development, Staging, and Production. I want to clone a workspace (or copy objects) from DEV to Production or vice-versa. Is that possible?
j
Absolutely. There is a small checkbox when making the export where you can specify a user in another domain. Add the user from the other domain to the text box there and it will allow you to import the object with that user.
w
Thank you. Is that checkbox only available on the full export? Can I do a partial export across two whit labeled domains?
j
Sorry Willie, that is correct. I confused the two grey pages with the full and partial export. As long as you can access the target workspace you can import the token used for the export.