How do I use the Drill feature of the KPIs?
# gooddata-platform
w
How do I use the Drill feature of the KPIs?
m
Hi Willie, this drill from KPI is actually only available for those still using GoodData legacy pixel perfect dashboards (that are not available to new customers anymore). The KPI component itself does not offer any other drill options unfortunately. One suggestion if you need a drill is to consider using the Headline insight type instead of the KPI. This one does offer standard drilling options into (standard) dashboard, insight or URL like any other insight.
w
Why is it an option in the UI if it doesn't work? And why wouldn't you want KPIs to drill, it seems only intuitive that you want want to drill from them?
f
Hi Willie, it’s currently still an option because there are several clients who still utilize the Legacy UI (often alongside the current Dashboards), so the feature is still in some use. I regret to hear that it caused confusion! Regarding the feature of drilling from KPIs, I can definitely make it a product feedback on your behalf. 🙂
w
Thank you
I figured out how to make the insight headlines sorta work like the KPIs. I just can't get the red and green up/down arrows on the comparison to previous period. Is there any way to format the headlines?
p
🎉 New note created.
f
I’m afraid that the arrows and colors for comparison are absent from the Headlines insight type. There’s currently no way of adding them