Hi, it’s been a while, hope you’re all doing well....
# gooddata-platform
m
Hi, it’s been a while, hope you’re all doing well. We have a query that’s returning more than 60k rows, which is a GoodData query limit. Because it’s a csv export of the dataset, we need a workaround. Is there any way to bypass the engine and go straight to DB on GD platform? Any other workarounds? Regards, Michael.
i
Hi Michael, May I know what exactly are you trying to achieve here, please? Are you referring to DB query result limit of 60,000,000 cells or to the limit of Table chart, which is really 60,000 of rows?
m
It’s about the limit for table chart at 60k rows.
i
I am afraid, this limit cannot be bypassed. Could you explain a bit why do you need to export the whole dataset, please? Would it be possible to limit the results by applying some filters?
m
It’s a feature all clients have asked so we have a page with a flat export
i
I see, thank you for the clarification. By our records, I can see that you are working with both of our products - GD Platform and also with GD Cloud. May I know what product is this request related to?
m
Hi @Ivana Gasparekova It’s GD Platform. Any workaround or ideas greatly appreciated.
i
Thanks a lot, I just wanted to be sure I am navigating you the right way. For our older UI(PixelPerfect) for GD Platform, we supported an option to export reports(objects similar to Insights) also to raw CSV as stated also in our APIary. If this is crucial for your clients and for their business case, you can reach out to your Account Owner @Asel Smail and get some help from our team of Professional Services. I remember a case, where they were able to implement a solution with a direct link to download huge tables like yours this way, directly from the Dashboards. However, as I said before - this was an old case in PixelPerfect, so I do not want to promise the same solution would be applicable for your use-case as well. Still, I would give it a shot! 🤞
m
Ok, thanks for the help. I’ll weight the options with client.