Hi, I have a question for accessing data or bette...
# gooddata-platform
o
Hi, I have a question for accessing data or better: regarding database credentials. In my data source the users have different permissions. How can I set up a database connection that uses the user logged in in GoodData? I would like to continue to use the authorization check of the database and not only or additionally one in GoodData.
j
@Oliver Rothland what database engine do you use? How exactly are users logged in the database?
o
Hi @Jan Soubusta, as of today we have two different engines, PostgreSQL and Dremio. For both systems the users are logged in via username and password.
j
Are users logged in PostgreSQL/Dremio anyhow in web browser?
o
For Dremio, yes. For PostgreSQL the users are using a SQL editor.
j
Thanks for the details, we register them into our Productboard (please, whoever can do it, do it). Now we cannot propagate custom DB users. Generally, we could provide the following new features: ā€¢ Users can configure DB credentials per user&data source ā€¢ Our UI apps can propagate DB auth tokens from web browsers to underlying data sources I assume that the first option would work for you, right? The second option is more complex to implement, IMO.
o
Jan: I assume that the first option would work for you, right? Oliver: Would be possible but not perfect šŸ˜‰
j
I discussed the propagation scenario with my colleagues and it does not seem feasible. Theoretically we could propagate a single-sign-on(OAuth) session, which does not seem to be your case. But as I already mentioned, it would be very complex to implement.
p
šŸŽ‰ New note created.