Hello guys, got a very simple question around some...
# gooddata-platform
b
Hello guys, got a very simple question around something which I haven’t seen any documentation. And I could, obviously, just be missing it. But, I am creating a workspace based on an “id” that is a number, for example, 1234. I am able to create the workspace and access everything except for the dashboard. When I try and access the dashboard for that workspace it redirects me back to the home page. But, if I prefix the number for the “id”, when creating the workspace, where it looks something like this, “test_1234”, then all the pages work, dashboard included. Is this a bug? Or is there some intention behind it?
j
Hello Brandon, To be honest I haven’t encountered anything similar like the issue you are describing. May I know which GoodData product are you using? Also, could you please ideally send us some screencast showing this behaviour (working workspace vs. problematic workspace)?
b
Hi Julius, we are using the cloud platform. So here is a video of the behavior we are experiencing when trying to access a dashboard of a workspace that was created with an “id” that has 4 digits. It just simply redirects us back to the Organization homepage. But, if I create a workspace that has some additional letters, not numbers, in it then I’m able to go to the dashboard for that workspace. Homepage - GoodData Cloud - 25 January 2023 - Watch Video
👀 1
j
Hi Brandon, I was able to replicate the behaviour. Indeed, the issue appears when the workspace id contains only digits. It seems that there must be some letter(s) or special sign e.g dash or underscore in the id string, otherwise the dashboard section is inaccessible for the particular workspace. I will definitely check this internally and let you know once we have an update. For now, please don’t use workspace id with numbers only. Thank you for reporting this!
m
Hi Brandon, we have been able to confirm that this is indeed not the expected behaviour. So we have opened an internal ticket for our team to investigate and resolve this issue. Once we have more details on the fix, we will let you know. Again, thank you for reporting this to us, we really appreciate it.
b
Thanks a lot Guys. Appreciate the quick responses
m
Hi @Brandon Redmann sorry for the radio silence. A fix was delivered for the bug, thank you once more for reporting this!