Hi, How can we embed an editable dashboard. I wan...
# gooddata-platform
s
Hi, How can we embed an editable dashboard. I want my external system users to edit a dashboard. Is this even possible?
m
Hi Sajjad, it is possible to edit an embedded dashboard provided that the users have enough permission to do so. May I know which GoodData product are you using? Is it GoodData Cloud or our hosted version? Or if I misunderstood your question, feel free to elaborate.
s
We are using gooddata platform, hosted version
m
Please make sure the users have the correct role assign so they can edit the dashboard: https://help.gooddata.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=86789044
s
But, I am using the main admin user for now and he should have access to edit dashboard
m
Can you please send a screenshot of what you see?
s
It is taking some time to load due to some network issue
I will send you screenshot, as soon as, it appears
But are we supposed to open dashboard editor, only when edit is clicked from view dashboard?
I want the dashboard to be edited in the our own app, by embedding
m
Hi Sajjad, let me reply to your question here for future reference. Since you are embedding the dashboard via the dashboard component, please note that the edit mode is currently not supported, but our engineers are currently working on it and it all points that the feature should be available towards the end of Q4.