I'm having a strange problem with some of my numer...
# gooddata-platform
b
I'm having a strange problem with some of my numeric data where I can get min/max, but I can't get sum/avg. Any thoughts on what might be going wrong? Postgres data source.
m
Do you please have some more specific example? Are you getting some error, or the calculation is not correct? Are you applying the sum/avg on facts or on another metrics?
b
Thanks @Michal Hauzírek. I have a metric called "Unit Cost" that I'm dropping directly into the metrics section on the "Analyze" tab. No row or column facts. All I get is a "SORRY, WE CAN'T DISPLAY THIS INSIGHT" but a "Maximum" returns a value
m
I see, that is strange indeed. Are you using the hosted GoodData platform or do you host yourself the GoodData.CN edition?
b
I think we just solved the issue - this field is being stored in JSON originally, and we have an empty value in the data. It can't be converted to a numeric format, so we're getting a casting error. Thanks for responding!
m
Great, that would explain it.
j
Interesting. When you say "empty value", do you mean empty string? Does it mean VARCHAR column to LDM fact?