Hi everyone! When setting up the data model, I co...
# gooddata-platform
j
Hi everyone! When setting up the data model, I connect to a database that contains a lot of columns I don't really need at the moment. I can delete the facts and attributes not needed, but if it turns out I need it later on it seems like I can't just add the attribute/fact back to the dataset? At the same time, I don't want to burden the user with having to see a lot of unnecessary attributes/facts in the analyze page , but I've understood these can be hidden via data permissions? What is best practise for this kind of case? thanks!
j
Hello Josefin! Are you considering embedding? If so, I would recommend you to explore
excludeObjectsWithTags
URL param that allows you to "hide" certain metadata objects (metrics, facts, attributes) from the catalog in Analytical Designer: https://help.gooddata.com/doc/enterprise/en/expand-your-gooddata-platform/gooddata-in[…]d-gooddata-elements-into-your-applications/embed-a-dashboard.
I also believe it should be possible to alter and re-publish the LDM later on to add new columns, but I'd like someone else from GD to confirm; maybe @David Ramirez would know from the top of his head? 🙏
d
that’s right, you should be able to add any columns that were deleted back to the LDM by editing the LDM. Just be sure you map it to the correct source column.
j
Alright, that's great news, thanks!