Hello! We are working on setting up a bullet chart...
# gooddata-platform
a
Hello! We are working on setting up a bullet chart, and I want to know if there is a way to do plot bands? Looking at https://www.highcharts.com/demo/bullet-graph/brand-light high chart documentation, there is support for this feature, wondering if that is supported in Good Data? Thanks!
j
When creating bullet charts in GoodData, you must use 3 metrics: 1) Primary 2)Target 3) Comparative. I believe the plot bands you are referring to are created by the 2)Target Metric. https://help.gooddata.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=86787898
r
We are trying to have multiple bands representing stages across lifecycle. The target metric only allows one metric - how does it then support bands. attaching an image of what we are trying to achieve
please refer to this chart and advise how this can be produced in gooddata.
@Joseph Heun Any guidance on the above sample bullet chart
j
Hi Rohit, I'm terribly sorry for the delay on this as I've just returned from vacation. Could you please confirm that if there was an option to add more target metrics that it would fit your use case, is that correct?
r
No @Joseph Heun .. the chart did not allow multiple target metrics
j
Yes, but I would like to confirm that if there was an option to add multiple metrics for the target that it would fit your use case. Could you please confirm so we can submit this into our product feedback?
r
how do we have an option.
I cannot seem to find a way to add multiple metrics to target. If you try to drag in the 2nd one it just replaces the existing / first one
j
Hi Rohit, there isn't an option. I would like to report this as product feedback for you. I just wanted to confirm that if there were an option to add more metrics that it would then fit your use case. Nevertheless, it sounds like it will, so I will discuss this further with our product team.
r
yes .. thanks. I am assuming adding multiple target metrics will stack on and provide a banded bar.